On Flickr a small selection of pictures
The final event was a great concert with the Jack Manzoni band and the choir of refugees, composed of migrants and refugees. A great example of inclusion with the most universal language: music!
Ravenna is one of the campuses of the Bologna University, the oldest university all over the world. We had an inspiring lecture about inclusion and two workshops in the research laboratories.
Ouidad Bakkali, city counselor, young, female, coming from a Moroccan, Muslim, family: an inspiring example of inclusion for all of us!
After a hard working session we produced the Ravenna manifesto to introduce volunteering at school
Villaggio del Fanciullo is an NGO working with disadvantaged people, especially young people.
We had also a cooking class, cooking a fantastic pizza with the award winner Carletto
Marinando is a fantastic NGO working with disable people helping them to sail and enjoy the sea.
After arrivals, the meeting is entering the heart of the project.
- presentations on National Educational System, our school, our city and traditions and peculiarities
- an involving debate about values like freedom, equality and safety
- a delicious break of homemade food offered by our families
- guided tour of the school and some activities in classroom
- meeting of teachers
- final Kahoot to discover how much all of us paid attention to the presentations… (and Kelly was the winner!)
- guided tour to three Unesco World Heritage monuments in Ravenna
Waiting for the Include Ravenna meeting – 2 days
Meanwhile, in Ravenna, one of the Top Ten Italian Cities as regarding number of volunteers per inhabitant, we organize the Festival of Volunteering, also with our students where they had got interviews and smiles
The Chilean visiting professor Davide PIacenti held a lesson about Migration from and to Italy.
Students saw that Italian migrants was considered by the American authorities at the beginning of the XX century in the same way that now we see migrants: bad, dirty, dangerous…
We need a different eye to look at them now.